Quick Overview Bio
Beverly K. Eakman’s 8th book, PUSH BACK! How to Take a Stand Against Groupthink, Bullies, Agitators and Professional Manipulators (Skyhorse Publishing, Inc., NYC), expected release date of January 2014. Mrs. Eakman began her career as a teacher, left to become a scientific writer for a NASA contractor, and went on to serve as a speechwriter for the head of the Voice of America and for the chairman (a former U.S. Supreme Court Justice) of the Commission on the Bicentennial of the U.S. Constitution. She was a writer for the U.S. Dept. of Justice before retiring from federal government. Her first book in 1991 blew the whistle on misrepresented standardized testing of schoolchildren. She specializes in covering education policy, mental-health fraud, data-trafficking, privacy and political agitation strategies.
Extended Bio: BEVERLY K. EAKMAN
- Educator, 9 years: English, Literature, Debate; 7th grade remedial through 12th grade AP students, 1968-1974 (CA), 1979-1981 (TX). Wrote English grammar curriculum for foreign students. (B.S. in education, Texas Tech Univ. (1968); graduate work: Univ. of Calif., Irvine and Univ. of Houston.)
- Science & Technical Writer/Editor-in-Chief of NASA's official newspaper, 1974-1979. Biggest feature: "David the Bubble Baby," a behind-the-scenes look at space technology in medicine.
- Chief speechwriter for: Chief Justice Warren E. Burger, Commission on the Bicentennial of the US Constitution, 1986-87 & for Voice of America, 1987-89. Writer: U.S. Dept. of Justice, 1991-2004.
- Author: 8 other books since 1991. Most recent release, PUSH BACK! How to Take a Stand Against Groupthink, Bullies, Agitators and Professional Manipulators (Skyhorse Publishing, Inc., NYC release date: January 2014); Agenda Games (Midnight Whistler, Inc., 2012); the internationally acclaimed Cloning of the American Mind: Eradicating Morality Through Education (Huntington House, 1998), to be updated and re-released Sept. 2014; A Common Sense Platform for the 21st Century (Midnight Whistler, Inc., 2010); Walking Targets: How Our Psychologized Classrooms Have Produced a Nation of Sitting Ducks (Midnight Whistler, Inc., 2007); Microchipped: How the Education Establishment Took Us Beyond Big Brother (Halcyon House 1994); Educating for the New World Order (Halcyon House, 1991).
- Free-lance Columnist: American Daily Herald, American Opinion, NewsWithViews, WorldNetDaily, Crisis Magazine, Insight Magazine, The Washington Times, National Review, Education Week, Chronicles Magazine, The Washington Post and more.
- Exec. Dir. 1994-2006: National Education Consortium (specializing in education & privacy law).
- Veteran of 700+ nationwide radio/TV talk shows and 150 speaking engagements since 1991, with numerous feature articles, op-eds specializing in education, mental health, data-trafficking, privacy and political strategy. Four speeches (& award) in the premier speaking publication, Vital Speeches of the Day.
- Expert witness/consultant in winning education court case, Feb. 2000. Five TV Specials for EWTN, 2013 (Dec. 2 – 6 interview series), 2010, 2003, 2001, 1999. TV Special "Sensitivity Training," Penn & Teller (Showtime), July 31, 2008. All had subsequent, repeat airings. Consultant, ABC's "20/20" segment on self-esteem, Dec. 3, 1998.
- AWARDS: National human rights award winner, 1995, for first book, Educating for the New World Order. Winner, International Human Rights Award, 1999, for third book, Cloning of the American Mind: Eradicating Morality Through Education. "Golden Whistle Award," 1991, Detroit, MI, for first book. Two Manned Flight Awareness Awards from NASA for journalism.
- Expert panelist on full disclosure and parental right to refuse psychiatric referral/psychotropic drugs for children in tax-supported schools (FL State legislature supporting Senate Bill 1766), April 19, 2005; on psychographic testing to NH State Board of Education, May 15, 2000; on psychographic testing, SepCon Convention, (Wash., DC) Nov. 22, 2004; on Marxist influence in teacher education, Army-Navy Club (Wash., DC), April 13, 2000; on link between school violence and psychotropic drugs, Orlando & Ft. Lauderdale, FL, Aug./Oct. 1999; on mandated use of prescription psychotropic drugs in schools, National Press Club, Wash., D.C., Sept. 1998, in Philadelphia, PA, Oct. 1998, and again in New York City, Nov. 1998; on psychological surveying passed off as academic testing, at Harcourt Brace School Textbook Co. hearing, Dallas, TX, Oct. 5, 1998; on psychology and education policy, Hillsdale College, MI, 1996.
- Speaking Highlights: Lead speaker, Education Policy Conference, “Data-Mining in Schools: An Operation Hidden in Plain Sight,” hosted by the Constitutional Coalition (St. Louis, MO), Jan. 31, 2014; education and data-mining of children/families entitled “They’re Not Your Children Anymore” (Dover, DE), hosted by Delaware Education Reform Coalition, Oct. 15, 2013; five-hour seminar on handling professional facilitators and agitators, (Keller, TX), Sept. 21, 2013, hosted by The Boiling Point; Two full-length training seminars on holding one’s own in committees, on task forces and focus groups (Attleboro & Worcester, MA), hosted by MA Republican Assembly, Apr. 13 & 14, 2013; Rock River Patriots/Wisconsin 912 Project’s Agenda 21 Conference, Seminar and PowerPoint Presentation plus new book launch (Madison, WI), Sept. 15, 2012; Northgate Book-signing Event, Jan. 23, 2011 (Raleigh-Durham, NC); Freedom Action Conference, Aug. 12-14, 2010 (Valley Forge, PA); Good Neighbor Law Forum (Denver, CO) Apr. 17, 2010; Freedom21 Conference, (Dallas, TX) July 26, 2008; Center for Intelligent Growth Conference, (Tucson, AZ) Aug. 23, 2008; Constitutional Coalition (St. Louis, MO) Jan. 2014, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1999; Commonwealth Education Organization (Pittsburgh, PA) Sept. 23, 2004; Owego Council (Owego/Binghamton, NY), Oct. 21, 2005; Foundations of Education Conference, Washburn Univ. (Topeka, KS) Nov. 4, 2005; EdWatch Banquet (Minneapolis, MN) Oct. 14, 2000 and May 21, 2004; CT Homeschool Network (E. Hampton, CT), Sept. 2002; CCHR-USA (Clearwater, FL), Oct. 2002, 1999, 1995; Puyallup Republican Women's Club (Seattle, WA) May 2002; Catholic Family-Home Education Conference (Lansing, MI), June 2002; St. Andrews Catholic Church (VA-DC diocese) Jan. 27, 2001; Republican Women's Conference (Detroit, MI) March 10, 2001; AL State Convention, May 1, 1999; OH State Board of Education, May 10, 1999; GA State Convention, Sept. 18, 1999; U.S. Business Industry Council (Wash., D.C.), July 19, 1999; Delphian School, (Portland, OR) Oct. 29-30, 1999; Annual Parents' Conference (Salt Lake City, UT) Nov. 1998.
- Legislation: Anti-Coercion Education Act—in Committee in 6 state legislatures; passed in three, 2003.
- Personal: Married 45 years to David Eakman, an aerospace engineer/scientist.